Saturday, February 21, 2009

"I'm Always Right"


This is a phrase one of my friends say to me all of the time. I really don't like it but unfortunately, alot of the time it's true!!!!!

I went to the Doctors the other day & I do have high cholesterol!!! grrrrrr I'm blaming partly my mother (lmao the doctor told me this is a genetic condition 96% of the time) & my husband!!! The reason I'm partly blaming my hubby is because years ago I had been buying low fat everything, mayo, cheese, ice cream etc etc. But he had to whine & complain much like men usually do so we started buying the regular dairy products again!! For years if using anything on bread like mayo or peanut butter I have not used butter. In fact, I don't even use butter on a sandwhich!!! All for not at this point I guess!!!!

So I've decided I'm having a completely free weekend. Meaning, for this weekend I'm on a See Food Diet! lmao I made beef stew yesterday & plan on enjoying it while I can. This should be interesting for me since I'm not a fruit & vegetables person!!! uck!!!!!

So now my hubby & kids are in for a big surprise though lol, I've already been looking up healthy recipes online & have actually found some pretty good ones. But it is a much needed change. I've always been one to go for my check ups when needed & truthfully this is one test (cholesterol) that I've put off for a long time, knowing what it would entail!! But since I actually went & did it (the test) I guess I actually have to smarten up!!!

Food (sweets mmmmmmm) has always been one of my weaknesses, I'm one of those people who eat when they are mad, bored or depressed! Just don't think celery, apples & whole wheat are going to do that for me!!! lmao

Hopefully my surgery gets on the right track because until I have that done, there is really nothing I can do exercise wise!! Which is part of reducing your cholesterol!!! So I think I'll blame the surgeon who has been prolonging my surgery as well grrrrr lmao.

I'm not one to blame others, I usually step up to the plate if I'm at fault & yes my food choices over the years have not been good, but I was doing really well after my hysterectomy, I went from a size 22 down to a 12!!! Lost 40 pounds before my hysterectomy. (not after because the cyst they were removing was as big as a football. So while I was loosing weight, I was having to wear bigger pant sizes!!! So I think I was doing pretty good on my own until all this medical stuff came along!!! Mind you I wouldn't change having the hysterectomy in all the world. I feel so much better all the way around since I've had it that I would do it again in a heart beat!!!!!

Now that I'm done whining, lmao, I hope everyone has a great day!!!!
:O)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I too have battled high cholesterol for the last year. It's not easy going from steak and eggs and butter and all that 'rot'...but if I can do it....YOU can. I dropped 60 points off the cholesterol count in just under a year's time.

    But, I continue to use butter. I won't eat margarine at all. It's nothing but colored wax if you ask me.

    You can do it Michelle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    Listen to Anni. lol She has done a super job of getting her cholesterol down. Mine is also a problem. The doctor told me that it doesn't matter what you eat if you have high cholesterol, that it is genetic and foods won't affect it. I don't really believe that. I was brought up to eat all the bad things. Sausage and bacon were both served for breakfast at Grandma's when I was a kid, but of course we worked hard back then.

    With your Dad's family's background of heart problems, you need to get your cholesterol levels down. It won't be easy, but you can do it. You go, girl.

    I'm glad Brandon had a great time on his trip. His cholesterol needs to be checked as well.

    Love and hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure if we have high cholesterol in the family or not.... Mom and Dad have no trouble and I have not had mine checked..... soooooo like the Ostrich I have my head buried in the sand........ don't want to know......so I have added lots of fruit and veggies and stopped all mayo and butter and margarine and ice cream..... and that is a BIG deal because I am an ice-cream lover!

    BUT healthy is better and it has many rewards!

    ReplyDelete